College of Engineering undergraduates,
The College of Engineering is looking for eight Engineering Pack Leaders for the summer program described below:
Short for “Engineering-Freshman Intensive Transition,” E-FIT is a five-day academic program (August 17-21) designed to increase success for incoming college students. The program offers a glimpse into the University’s rigorous academic expectations and college life prior to the start of the semester.
Pack Leaders will be responsible for:
- Mentoring the incoming students -help with homework, advise students on being good students, answer questions about student life and what the college has to offer
- Helping students navigate campus -take students to/and attend some study and discipline specific sessions with students, have meals with students
- Running the lab sessions -helping with projects and ensuring safety
- Grading exams and homework assignments
- Interacting with the students and being a good role model
You will be compensated $500 for the 5 day period. Meals will be included and if you are living in the residence halls, you will be allowed to move into your room on August 17.
You must be enrolled for the Fall 2014 semester to be considered for this position.
Please go to the following site to apply: https://www.unr.edu/engineering/pack-leader
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Ann-Marie Vollstedt at email@example.com.