Applications for the 2014 Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (NEES) Research Experience for Undergraduates are now open! This is a 10-week summer research program for upper division undergraduate students interested in Civil, Electrical or Computer Engineering. Students will conduct graduate level research offsite at a partner university in the field of Earthquake Engineering. See the attached flyer for a description of research sites and available projects.
ENTRY LEVEL CIVIL ENGINEER | FARR WEST ENGINEERING
Farr West Engineering has an immediate opportunity for an entry-level Civil Engineer to join its team in Reno, Nevada. Farr West Engineering was founded in 2001 and specializes primarily in municipal utility engineering (water and wastewater). Duties will include assisting project managers on multiple projects, while performing basic civil engineering tasks.
Farr West provides a friendly work environment and offers competitive compensation which will be determined based on ability and experience. Benefits include health insurance, a retirement plan, and paid holidays and personal time off. Please submit your resume to email@example.com. For more information about our firm, please visit www.farrwestengineering.com.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN | SAN FRAN MFG
San Fran MFG is seeking a Project Management Intern to work in our project management department. This position involves assisting with project management, scheduling support, and material requirements planning. As an intern, the Project Management Intern will assist the project management and engineering departments with various aspects of all projects.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist with sales inquiries and direct information or prospective clients to the correct parties
• Assist in project scheduling and planning
• Assist in maintaining and tracking project and schedule progress
• Assist in updating and creation of Bill of Materials (BOMs) for each project
• Assist in transportation and delivery of product
AEROSPACE & DEFENSE INTERN | GOED
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development is seeking an Intern to work in coordination with staff in our Northern Nevada Office.
The Intern will provide assistance to our Carson City staff by:
• Researching information from internal and external sources, then explain/interpret results obtained.
• Generating written and verbal correspondence as requested.
• Provide customer service with politeness, respect and understanding when dealing with constituents, both in person and over the telephone.
• Performing administrative duties in support of GOED staff such as:
o Maintaining records and files
o Data Entry
o Email correspondence
NREIP INTERNSHIP | NREIP
• Applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Dual citizens may be accepted ONLY at Naval Research Laboratories.
• Students graduating in the Spring 2014 semester are eligible to apply. If you expect to graduate by Fall 2013, unfortunately, you are not eligble to apply.
• Applicants must be a Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate student to apply. Eligibility is determined by your class standing in the Fall of 2014. Therefore, if you will be considered a Sophomore by the Fall 2014, you are eligible to apply for NREIP!
• Applicants should have majors relevant to the research interests of the laboratories.
• Students attending two-year colleges, who meet the major and credit requirements, may be eligible at the laboratory’s discretion. Please contact the laboratory’s directly to find out if you
WISE PROGRAM | WISE
WISE seeks applications from exceptional engineering students who display evidence of leadership skills and have a keen interest in public policy.
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST BE:
•Citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States. You may not apply for the program if you are not already a permanent resident of the United States.
•Juniors, seniors, or entering their final year of undergraduate studies in engineering (or computer science). WISE will also accept applications from engineering grads who are beginning Masters level study in a technology policy-related degree.
WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER | BARR ENGINEERING COMPANY
DESIRED MAJORS: Civil or Environmental Engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in civil/environmental engineering with an emphasis on civil design and water resources
• Familiarity with hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, open channel and pipe flow, lake and stream water quality issues, and earthwork and grading plans
• Strong computer skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets, and exposure to hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling, GIS, and CADD software
• Flexible working style and willingness to occasionally modify personal schedule as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Acceptable driving record
STAFF ENGINEER | SHAW ENGINEERING
Shaw Engineering has excellent opportunities for career growth and success for the right candidate who has; a desire to make civil engineering their career; the personality to effectively communicate and serve our clients, and a work ethic to make it happen.
DESIRED MAJORS: Civil Engineering
Qualified candidates for Staff Engineer must have, or be within a year of receiving, a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and a desire to work in all areas of civil engineering with an emphasis on water and wastewater.
SR. SPECIALIST-EQUIPMENT DESIGN ENGINEER | AT&T
POSITION LOCATION: Reno, Nevada
AT&T is hiring for a Sr. Specialist-Equipment Design Engineer (which is part of our Network Engineering College Hire Program). This position will be responsible for the evaluation, procurement, design, technical specifications and support for Network equipment and storage capacity.
Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
ENTRY LEVEL CIVIL ENGINEER | FARR WEST ENGINEERING
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED