My name is Parag Gupta, and I am the Vice-President of Operations of the NASA Academy Alumni Association (NAAA).  The NAAA is composed of nearly 1,000 former students who participated in the NASA Academy Internship Program.  I was honored to be in this program myself as an undergraduate student at Vanderbilt University, and it provided excellent introductory research and leadership experience for my current role as a doctoral candidate in mechanical engineering at Northwestern University.

The Academy is the premier internship offered by NASA and has a main goal of training future leaders of the space industry.  The summer research program attracts undergraduate and graduate students of various backgrounds, mostly in STEM fields.  More detailed information about the internship can be found here.

The interests of your undergraduate and graduate students may very well align with the opportunities provided by NASA.  Applications just opened on NASA OSSI and can be found by going to the “Search for Opportunities” window and searching for the keyword “Academy.”  The application deadline is February 15th, 2015.

I was hoping you may be able to help promote the NASA Academy to your undergraduate and graduate students who are currently pursuing STEM degrees by emailing the attached flyer and recruitment video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gcLWkgbxpg) to them. ?????????????????????????????????

Thank you so much for your time and assistance on the matter!

Respectfully yours,

Parag Gupta

Vice-President of Operations, NASA Academy Alumni Association

email: paraggupta@nasa-academy.org