Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to ask for your assistance in identifying college women from your institutions who would benefit from attending NEW Leadership Nevada on the UNLV campus from June 1-6th.

For those who are not aware, NEW Leadership is an award-winning, innovative program created by the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University.

Our Nevada program provides a week long, intensive summer institute focusing on civic engagement and leadership for college women from all over our State AT NO COST TO THE STUDENT.  However, space is limited and applications must be received by April 3rd.

For ten years, our program has had a positive and lasting influence on the NSHE college women who participate.  Like me, I am sure each of you comes across college women who you know have the capacity to lead and make a difference.  I would appreciate it if you would assist me in connecting them with this program in order to help them realize their full potential.

I have attached a flyer to this email which you may feel free to circulate and post.  NEWL 2015 Flyer

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.  If you have any questions, please call 702-895-4931 or email newl@unlv.edu.  You may also visit the NEW Leadership Nevada page of our website, www.wrinunlv.org/new-leadership-nevada/, to learn more.

Joanne Goodwin, PhD

Professor, UNLV History Department

Director, Women’s Research Institute of Nevada