College of Engineering undergraduates,
The College of Engineering is looking for around 24 Engineering Pack Leaders for the summer program described below:
Short for “Engineering-Freshman Intensive Transition,” E-FIT is a five-day academic program (August 16-20) designed to increase success for incoming college students. The program offers a glimpse into the University’s rigorous academic expectations and college life prior to the start of the semester.
Pack Leaders will be responsible for:
- Mentoring the incoming students-help with homework, advise students on being good students, answer questions about student life and what the college has to offer
- Helping students navigate campus-take students to/and attend some study and discipline specific sessions with students, have meals with students
- Running the lab sessions-helping with projects and ensuring safety
- Grading exams and homework assignments
- Interacting with the students and being a good role model
You will be compensated $500 for the 5 day period plus 1 day of training. Meals will be included and if you are living in the residence halls, you will be allowed to move into your room early.